For cash payments, why does social score matter?

It doesn’t. Cash has real value and is a form of commodity money in that it is counterfeit resistant pieces of paper. Why would you need a social score to pay with gold? You dont the gold has real value.

But where you would need a credit/social score is when you pay with currency ( a representation of value that has no value)

I am not proposing a cash system, I am proposing a currency system. The BIG problem with using BSV as a unit of account is that it has real value. We stopped using commodity money a long time ago and we will not be going back. Units of measure for value that have no value have WAY more utility than a unit for the measure of value that contains value.

Hi Chris,

I don’t agree with your definitions. Also, what do you mean by credit/social score?

Your FICO score, or your social credit score if you are in china.

There are only 2 options here, you either have a unit of measure that contains the properties it is meant to represent or you have a unit of measure that does not contain the properties it is meant to represent.

When you view it from a metrology (the study of measurement) standpoint it really clears up any misunderstanding.

Adding what government claims is not helpful. When there is a entity that has guns and cages they can call things whatever they want.

Money = a unit of the measure of value that has value. This is like the inchworm, a unit for the measure of length that contains length

Currency = a unit of measure for value that contains no value. This is like the inch, a unit for the measure of length that contains no length.

Whatever you want to call the 2 different types of units of measure is fine. What I am saying is that whatever you call it the system will not work if it is based on a unit of measure that contains the property it is supposed to represent.

BSV = a commodity that could one day become money.

Gold coins = Money

Libra = currency.