For cash payments, why does social score matter?

It doesn’t. Cash has real value and is a form of commodity money in that it is counterfeit resistant pieces of paper. Why would you need a social score to pay with gold? You dont the gold has real value.

But where you would need a credit/social score is when you pay with currency ( a representation of value that has no value)

I am not proposing a cash system, I am proposing a currency system. The BIG problem with using BSV as a unit of account is that it has real value. We stopped using commodity money a long time ago and we will not be going back. Units of measure for value that have no value have WAY more utility than a unit for the measure of value that contains value.

Hi Chris,

I don’t agree with your definitions. Also, what do you mean by credit/social score?

Your FICO score, or your social credit score if you are in china.

There are only 2 options here, you either have a unit of measure that contains the properties it is meant to represent or you have a unit of measure that does not contain the properties it is meant to represent.

When you view it from a metrology (the study of measurement) standpoint it really clears up any misunderstanding.

Adding what government claims is not helpful. When there is a entity that has guns and cages they can call things whatever they want.

Money = a unit of the measure of value that has value. This is like the inchworm, a unit for the measure of length that contains length

Currency = a unit of measure for value that contains no value. This is like the inch, a unit for the measure of length that contains no length.

Whatever you want to call the 2 different types of units of measure is fine. What I am saying is that whatever you call it the system will not work if it is based on a unit of measure that contains the property it is supposed to represent.

BSV = a commodity that could one day become money.

Gold coins = Money

Libra = currency.

If you listen to what new services Mempool is proposing, it will become apparent that the BSV value will be hidden in new fiat based services and the profit will be from lots of transactions yielding lots of service value for clients.